Egypt’s Beginner Rock Climbing course
Climbing ONE is the full 2 day Beginner Rock Climbing course.
Your goal during the course is to become a safe competent climber. By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- tie basic knots
- safely belay with the PBUS method
- perform safety checks
- communicate as a climber and belayer
- recognise good climbing equipment
Climbing ONE course content
Climbing ONE is 100% outdoors!
You’ll do a quick check-in at the club in Dahab, then you’re off to Wadi Qnai for 2 full days of climbing.
You can return to Dahab in the evening, or you can add dinner and overnight camping to your course.
- Introduction to climbing equipment
- Safety in climbing
- How to belay (control the ascent and descent of the climber) with a system known as PBUS, Pull-Brake-Underhand-Slide
- How to tie into the rope using the figure 8 follow through knot
- Simple climbing commands you use between climber and belayer
- Basic climbing movements including footwork, how to use your skeleton not muscles, and balance
- You can book course only
- You can add options: overnight camping in the wadi, accommodation in Dahab before/after your course, extra climbing, airport transfers, etc
- Or you can contact us and we’ll put together a package for you. In addition to rock climbing, we also dive, trek and freedive in Dahab, so the options are almost endless!