Monofin Training in Open Water
If you are an advanced freediver, enroll directly in the Apnea Academy Advanced Monofin Freediving Course.
The theory, stretch/strength/technique exercises and confined water training are the same as the Basic Monofin Course (adapted to your experience level). Plus you will do Open Water line training. Course length is 4 days, often best interspersed with training sessions or other courses.
Same theory, stretching and confined water training as the Basic Monofin Course
Open Water Training (3 sessions)
- Various duck-dive techniques
- Constant weight monofin diving
- Descent technique (alignment to line and free-fall)
- Turning technique
- Ascent technique
- Safety assistance
- Apnea Academy Advanced Monofin Freediving course
- Freediving certification and certification card
- Rental of all freediving equipment
Apnea Academy Level 2 or equivalent (SSI 2 / AIDA 3). Minimum age 14 years.
Minimum performances required for certification
- Perform all exercises satisfactorily with an adequate profile
- Perform dynamic apnea distance of at least 75 meters
- Be able to swim with the monofin and frontal snorkel on surface for 200 m
- Perform a constant weight dive with the monofin to 20+ meters
See all our freediving courses, packages and training options