Are you thinking about bouldering Dahab? Here’s what Jerome Mowat found when he joined the Arch bouldering team on a holiday in Dahab:
Dahab is a unique climbing location and should be on any boulderer’s radar for a number of reasons:
- It hardly ever rains, so conditions are stable.
- It’s a nice escape from the harsh North European winter, warm but still offering good climbing temperatures.
- It’s very cheap out there, and there are cheap flights to Sharm El-Sheikh.
- There are a stack of new problems of all grades to put up, including loads of obvious ones.
- The Bedouin culture is easy going and the people of Desert Divers are very friendly.
- No where else in the world is it possible to free dive or scuba dive and boulder on the same day – Thailand offers sport climbing but not bouldering.
And most importantly, the climbing’s bloody good, you should try it.
This 1 week self-guide service is for experienced boulderers, travelling with your personal equipment and climbing buddies. It includes:
A week bouldering Dahab's Bir Wadi Qunai is flexible. Here's one example:
|Day 1||Check in 9am.|
1st day with our climbing guide to introduce you to the area and welcome you with a nice Bedouin lunch
Jeep to bouldering area
Bouldering Carpark, First Waterfall
Explore the rest of the wadi. It's a 30-40 min walk to the top of the bouldering fields, then boulder all the way back down
Return to Dahab and plan your week!
|Day 2||Half-day bouldering Lower and Upper Corridors|
|Day 3||Half-day bouldering Big Waterfall and Basins|
|Day 5||Leave early for a (long) half-day bouldering Turkish Bathpump, Blackface, Great White Shark|
|Day 6||Half-day bouldering|
“Boulderers and route climbers - this is a must visit!” If you are looking for both fun and serious winter sun climbing, then I can't recommend Sinai rock climbing enough! Climbing trips are run by Desert Divers, and Khaled and his team have been faultless, and incredibly flexible and accommodating to our individual needs. My husband and I have visited twice to climb over the last 5 months and we are already looking at flights to return again in the next month or so. We've been both bouldering and sport climbing in Wadi Qnai. The routes have a fantastic breadth of grades from 3+ right through to 7c+ so perfect for beginners, seasoned climbers and also climbing families too. Would definitely recommend Desert Divers Rock Climbing Centre to anyone either wanting to try out rock climbing for the first time, or for those wanting to push their outdoor climbing grade. For those without equipment, all their climbing gear is in great condition as well!